The Knutsen Family | Meet Our Farmers
The Knutsen Family
Friends of Elsie™ From Harrington, DE
We're Gregg and Stephanie Knutsen, and we live on the G&S Dairy Farm with our two kids, Bethany and Evan. Part of our 300-acre farm in Harrington, DE, has been in the family for more than 100 years, and for the last 10, my family has made our life here. There are 65 milking cows on the farm, and every member of our family helps out, from grandpa to our four-year-old.
If you want to know what life is like on our farm, it goes something like this:
- We start milking by 5:30 a.m., followed by feeding and other chores.
- After breakfast with the kids, we do various other chores and field work.
- Feeding starts again with calves around 3:30 p.m..
- Evening milking begins at 4:30 p.m.and finishes by 6:30 p.m..
- If there's no hay or straw to unload, we have dinner by 7:00 p.m..
- Yes, the hours are long, but we love every minute of it.
Do you currently provide tours of your farm?
We offer a tour to anyone who asks. FFA and DE Holstein Association have toured our farm. Our information is listed on their site at www.holsteinworld.com.