- ½ cup mayonnaise, divided
- ¼ cup plain breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 small egg
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 green onions, minced
- ½ pound crabmeat (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (12-count) package pull-apart dinner rolls
- 3 slices Borden® American Singles
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
COMBINE 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, egg, seafood seasoning, lemon pepper and onions in bowl; MIX well. ADD crabmeat; TOSS to blend. SHAPE into 12 small patties; COAT lightly in breadcrumbs. (Crab Cakes can be made ahead to this point and refrigerated until ready to prepare.) HEAT oil in skillet over medium heat and FRY crab cakes for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. SLICE rolls in half horizontally and each slice of cheese into quarters; LAYER rolls with warm crab cakes, cheese and shredded lettuce. SPREAD mayonnaise over top half of rolls and cheese. PULL apart into 12 individual mini sandwiches. ARRANGE on serving platter and SERVE immediately.
*Not all submitted recipes have been tested by the Dairy Farmers of America, Inc. We would appreciate your help by trying and rating the recipes for yourself and letting us know what you think.
Cook Time: 6 minutes